Surgical Errors Are Dangerous And Medical MalpracticeSurgery
During surgical procedures, complications can arise and errors may sometimes occur. A physician may fail to recognize and repair an injury to an organ, he or she may leave behind surgical tools or items inside a patient, or he or she may incorrectly perform a surgery and cause an injury. If you or a loved one has suffered such an injury, be sure to contact an experienced Kingston, New York attorney to evaluate your case.
A physician’s negligence can be the cause of surgical errors. If the patient’s physician or surgeon performed in a way that deviated from the acceptable standard of care resulting in unnecessary injury or complications, then he or she may be responsible for medical malpractice. Unfortunately many hospitals and doctors will not admit when they make mistakes during medical procedures and deny that any harm caused was the result of their negligence.
Not all injuries are the result of medical malpractice. The hospital and doctors cannot guarantee that all surgical procedures will have successful results. There is an acceptable amount of risk in all surgeries. However, this is different when complications are the result of a physician’s negligence. If a surgeon deviates from good and accepted medical practice and this results in complications that otherwise would not have occurred, the physician should be held responsible.
Types of surgical errors include:
- Surgery performed on the wrong part of the body.
- Misdiagnosis that results in an unnecessary surgery.
- Improper dressing of a wound, leading to infection.
- Inadequate closing of a surgical wound preventing proper healing.
- Leaving medical tools inside a patient.
- Improperly explaining the risks of surgery.
- Trauma resulting from an overdose or inadequate amount anesthesia.
- Performance of unauthorized procedures.
- Performing the wrong type of surgery.
- Damaging organs close to the surgical area.
But what do you think? I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment or I also welcome your phone call on my toll-free cell at 1-866-889-6882 or you can drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are always welcome to request my FREE book, The Seven Deadly Mistakes of Malpractice Victims, at the home page of my website at www.protectingpatientrights.com.