How Do I Find Out If My Doctor Has Practiced In Another State?

You can find out this information through the website,, of the Office of Professional Medical Conduct of the Federation of State Medical Board’s (FSMB), which provides you with information on physicians and physician’s assistants licensed in the United States. This includes information on disciplinary sanctions, education, medical speciality, licensure history, and locations. You can slo reach the FSMB by calling 815-868-4000.

The website,, will provide you with information about your physicians’ medical license and disciplinary history in states throughout the United States, whereas the website of New York’s Office of Professional Medical conduct,, limits the physician’s background history to disciplinary action just within New York.