Laser Eye Surgery Mistakes By DoctorsSurgery
One of the most popular elective surgical procedures is Lasik eye surgery. Unfortunately, this procedure has caused some patients lasting injury due to the negligence and malpractice of a Lasik surgeon and laser facilities. When an eye surgeon does not exercise reasonable care Lasik eye surgery can become a nightmare for patients.
There are many ways medical malpractice involving eye surgery can occur. However, two of the most common causes are:
- Not screening candidates properly. Not everyone who seeks corrective eye surgery is a safe candidate. However, doctors do not make money by turning patients away. If a physician operates on a person with corneas that are too peaked for a safe and productive surgery, the patient can suffer serious vision problems.
- As part of the Lasik process, the doctor measures part of the eye, and then those measurements are imputed into sophisticated medical machinery. Should the wrong measurements be entered, catastrophic eye damage could occur.
As with any course of treatment, when a doctor or surgeon fails to use the proper standard of care during eye surgery and an injury results, the patient may have a legitimate malpractice claim. It is not often that Lasik eye surgery malpractice results in a bad cut or made an error during the surgery. Most cases of medical malpractice involve instances where the surgery should never have been performed in the first place. That is why pre-surgical screening is so important.
If a Lasik surgery operation has gone wrong, it should be easy for the patient notice. It is normal to experience discomfort during the first day or two after the surgery. However, any problems that occur after may be a sign of Lasik surgery malpractice.
Symptoms of Lasik surgery malpractice include:
- Difficulty seeing at night or in the dark
- Dry eyes
- Fluctuating vision problems
- Seeing halos around objects.
But what do you think? I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment or I also welcome your phone call on my toll-free cell at 1-866-889-6882 or you can drop me an e-mail at email@example.com. You are always welcome to request my FREE book, The Seven Deadly Mistakes of Malpractice Victims, at the home page of my website at www.protectingpatientrights.com.